9.21.2009

Your Mercies Are New Every Morning

I woke up this morning with a million thoughts whirling around in my brain of all the things I want to accomplish today. . .
the e-mails I need to send
the cleaning that should be done
the laundry that HAS to be done
the blogging that should be done
the errands that should be done
future plans that I need to look into. . . .all of these things were with the focus of myself.
But then the Lord stopped me.
He reminded me of what life is truly about.
Life isn't about all the things I "need" to get done. . .
It's about whether I'm doing what He wants me to get done.
Am I accomplishing these things with a mindset that brings God the glory or myself?
It's about serving my Savior and others first, before myself. . .
Life is about sharing the Gospel with the same grace that He gave me when He chose to save me.
Life is about, from and for Him.
Oh, what a great God I serve!
I am filled with a renewed gratefulness for the undeserved love and grace that he pours onto me everyday.
I would urge you to take a few minutes of your day to just meditate on the Lord. Think of the love and grace that He has shown you. Think of his faithfulness to you in all things past. And know that "He will never leave us, nor forsake us."

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you Megan! What a beautiful (and much needed) reminder. Love ya!

Kristen said...

wow. wow. who knew my 'lil sis' had all that in her. impressive meg.