9.23.2009

Smith Mountain Lake

A couple weekends ago I had the opportunity to go with my friends , the Craynon family, to their lake house in VA. The last time I had been there, I was about seven(i think), so to be able to go back and revisit some old memories was amazing:) Even tho Colleen(one of my awesome besties) and I were only there for a day and a half, we stuffed the time full with all sorts of things like. . . .



baking a four layered cake(well, Colleen did that one:)). . .


water tubing(always hilarious, especially when you get to hear two boys scream like girls:))


swimming / jumping off the dock. . .


playing card games. . .


and other games that I'm STILL not sure I understand. . .


star gazing on the dock and seeing my first shooting stars:)


discovering I LOVE Owl City. . .


almost getting hit by an airplane(it was only one of those small ones:))


doing mini photo shoots:)


and apparently I "pushed" Colleen down the steps towards the dock but in actuality she fell as I was holding her arm because I couldn't see anything because it was soo dark, anyway. . . :)


and a boat ride on a gorgeous sunny morning:)




(Just a warning, these photos are in no particular order)


The adorable Rebekah. . .


Oh yes, the mini photo shoot:) I love these photos of Colleen:)


This next one is my absolute fave.


This next one is of Mrs. Craynon with Robert in the boat and Austin water skiing on the back. . .


Go Austin!Go Austin!
This was taken on the airport strip when Colleen and I lost our sanity and when we were almost hit be the plane(but not really). . .


You wanna hear the story??


OK, it's rather short tho. . .


We were just lounging on one edge of the landing strip(the circle, where the planes turn around)when we heard a rumbling and then an airplane came out of nowhere right over the tree line.


"Oh, cool. An airplane. . . . . . . . . . . . . . wait. . . . . . . AN AIRPLANE!"




Before the airplane came, we had been munching on candy and "accidentally" spilled a bunch on the ground. So when we saw the airplane the other thought we both had was "save the candy!"


It was one of those you-had-to-be-there things. . .

This was one scary looking bird.


One of the mornings we woke up to find this creepy thing on top of the boat house.
This was on our last boat ride out.


It was an amazingly gorgeous morning:)
Rob driving the boat. . .

One of the UUUHHHMAaazing sunsets.

And one last photo of the neighbors boat house during the sunset . . . :-)

That's all folk's!
Coming Soon: A couple special deals and a few more package deals that will start in October!
So be on the lookout!


3 comments:

Kathleen said...

oh my. Rebekah wins the "cutest girl" award hands down, but Colleen wins "most gorgeous girl" award! Wow! Good job Meg! (and Rebekah for being so cute, and Colleen for being stunning!)

ps. Mom says these are VERY good!

Kristen said...

wow...you def gettin better! (not that you weren't good before) :)

Johanna said...

Great pictures! I especially love the ones of Rebekah (wonder why???)