8.21.2009

Family Portraits - The Murphy Family

While my family and I were on vacation in the outer banks this summer, I had the opportunity to take a few family photos of my brother and his family.

Ha!What a time we had!

The kids (and the adults) did amazing even though it rained periodically throughout the shoot.


. . . and can I just say that laying on the sand when it's wet and raining is not so much fun. . .yeah, not so much. . . anyway, moving on. . . .


I had never photographed little kids before so this was a challenge in itself (even though they were my niece and nephew:)). But eventually we got a couple good family ones!


Josh and Kelley- one of the cutest/hottest couple's I know. . .


Hurray for a good photo!!!

There is something about dads with their little girls that can just melt your heart. . .

The next one was completely random but makes me laugh every time I see it - One second I
was taking a picture of JJ and Josh and then little Keara pops in to grace us with her presence!

The little model herself:)

"What's this wet, sticky stuff on my hands?!"
GORGEOUS!





I don't think there is a better way to end this, than with a cute face to brighten your day!

6 comments:

Evy said...

I love the lighting in these shots Megan! I'm no expert but it gives a really beachy feel. It makes me feel like I'm sitting outside in the evening sun on the deck instead of hiding inside from the rain. :)

anneliese e said...

ok, i'm still trying to figure out how that one of keara hanging upside down works...

kathleen said...

Such a beautiful family!

I love the one of Keara hanging upside down, it made me laugh too. I think my favorite is the last one, of JJ :) You can't go wrong with a happy baby picture. They are all really good!

Anna L. said...

wow, i love the composition of the second one. such a great family shot. Guess you didn't make the rainbow ;) ...but i love how it comes out of josh and kelley.
and i love the lines of the last one of jj.

wonderful work, meg!

Colleen Etherton said...

dear megan...umm you rock...the end
ps your family is so cute

Evan Ricucci said...

Dear Lord,

please let the kids have the looks of their mother, the athleticism of their father, and the mind of their uncle... amen :-P