6.30.2009

"I'm late, i'm late, for a very important date. . ."

Well, just really late on posting:/
I apologize that it's taken me this long to even post anything. Life has just been full of changes. Challenging changes. Hard changes. Exciting changes:)But all of them have been good none the less:)
God has just been soo good and faithful to guide and give me strength and comfort in this time of decision making. It has been a whirlwind these past few months in trying to decide what God would have me do in this next chapter of my life.

It wasn't until this past year that I had been interested in photography. I had started off just playing around a little bit with the family's "little" digital camera for a few months and as time went by, this "past time" turned into something that i knew i would like to get more involved in. And then Christmas rolled around and my VEry generous aunt and uncle decided to bless me with an exceptionally better camera than the one i had been using. This is definately where it all started for me.

(:excuse the interuption for a quick thank you: - kathy and alan - thank you for officially getting me started on this journey. Your love and generosity continue to blow me away. Your kindness is completely undeserved. Love you guys.)

-As the next couple of months went by, my love for taking pictures continued to grow until my parents -
(:again, please excuse the interruption: - mom and dad - thank you for your never ceasing love, guidance and support through this entire process. Thank you for the numerous sacrifices that you have made to make all of this happen. Thank you for faithfully praying for me to know what God's will is in my life. You are seriously THE best parents ever. God blessed me beyond what i deserve by giving you two to me to be my parents)
- suggested that I look into doing photography as a career. As time went on, i realized that this is something that i would really like to consider. During this time, their was a certain photographer and her blog, that i followed(and still do)that was holding internships throughout the summer to help those aspiring photographers to really help their business flourish.

Long story short. . . well, i think you know;)And this is where i am at today-just getting home from the internship that was held in Nashville and trying to plan my next move. Learning how to juggle everything one step at a time:) Taking it all in stride and trying to seek God first for what he wants me to do and how he wants me to carry it out. Prayers for this specifically would be grEAtly appreciated:)

I will be trying really hard to post on a regular basis! Many of you have been asking when i'm going to be updating the blog with some pictures. . .i hope it won't take too long but i am in a few transitions right now technology wise.

So be looking for photos from my trip to Nashville soon!This trip was truly amazing.It was stuffed full with amazing experiences like- documenting the Nashville Women's Rescue, having our bio photos taken, doing a "we did" shoot(this is basically just a shoot after the wedding saying "we did it!", in case you couldn't figure that out;)), and having the opportunity to serve the homeless in downtown Nashville(unfortunately,i don't have any photos of this but hopefully i'll get to post what we were able to do), and many more funny and hilarious "happenings". . . hmm, yes. . . that went on while i, and the four other amazingly , cool interns were there!

I know this post didn't have any photos on it but i believe that God put on my heart to share with everyone how i got here and who is really taking me through this next season of life - who is leading me,loving me, guiding me, rooting for me, who only wants what is best for me. The one and only person that should be the center of it all-my Lord and Savior.

Thank you soooo much for your patience if you actually read this whole thing! If it makes you feel any better, I probably wouldn't even make it to the bottom;)

Jer 29:11-13 "For I know the plans I have for you. . . plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."

11 comments:

Anna L. said...

good post, meg. I'm rooting for ya!

It's pretty sweet to watch God work. His plans...yeah, deff not what i would expect, but always so much better!

<3

(and, i read the whole thing.)

Anneliese said...

post some pics PLEASE :)

Katelyn said...

Okay...now I'm really missing you!!! :) Loved the post by the way...even if it doesn't have photos. :D

meganjanellephotography said...

thanks girls!

diane said...

it was a pleasure reading all the way through to see what our Meg has been up to (since who knows when i'd be able to talk to you and by then you'd be very tired of telling the story) --Diane

meganjanellephotography said...

thank you mrs. etherton for the sweet words:)

Colleen Etherton said...

Meg, your humility in giving credit where it is due, (kathy&Alan,parents, God) is such an encouragment :) BUT i would still like to take this moment to let all of the people who come here know that i think you rock, and that you are vary talented :) lol so there goes your humility...but seriously i am so blessed to have such an amazing friend who has a solid, wise(and very pretty) head on her shoulders :) love the bio pics btw...<3

meganjanellephotography said...

bahahahahahahaha!thanks colleen:)

Anna L. said...

wow colleen...agreeing with the humble part... but a "solid, wise and pretty head on her shoulders"...?? I don't think i would take the description of having a "solid head" as a compliment.

Stephanie said...

hi there! i just found your blog through Sarah Anne Photography, and i will look forward to seeing some of your pictures. i bet the internship was so much fun! it sounded like tons of fun! i love photography myself, and someday i wish to have my own business. you have been very blessed!

Colleen Etherton said...

well i meant solid as a compliment, as in screwed on strait, and smart... solidly grounded in truth...is that better :)