4.28.2010

::Story Time::

Alright.
I had a request a couple posts back from someone(Kristen) that they wanted to hear stories.
Well, I've got one.
As I was headed to school one morning, I got off the metro as usual and started the two block walk to my school. For those of you who know me well, would know that when it's early and I'm tired and there are a trillion of other people walking all around me, I put on my "I'm tired and I don't want to talk" face.
I continue on in my grouchy state,avoiding any awkward eye contact with a random stranger.
I come to the crosswalk.
Awesome.
It's the red hand.
As the line of what seemed to be a billion cars had stopped for the light, my best friend(the white hand) started flashing at me to go.
So, there I go!
I dart of like I'm a nascar driver.
As I'm winning the race and darting in and out of all the people, I notice this elderly woman on a rascal on the other side of the crosswalk.
Then I notice that she's not moving.
Weird.
As I near the end of the crosswalk,just about 10 feet from the woman, I notice she gets herself going.
Oh good.
I don't have to feel like I should help her.
I went back to studying the ground and when I was about 3 feet in front of her, she speeds(well, speedy for a rascal;)) right at me!
I felt like a deer in the head lights.
It was the most bizarre and hilarious thing.
As I jumped out of her way and apologized, she muttered "well, hurry up and get out of the way."
I keep walking and bust out laughing.
As I continued to laugh, the light bulb went off.
Oh, the Lord surely does have a sense of humor!
I could hear the gentle voice saying"oh Megan, stop focusing on yourself. Lift that head up and look at me."
What an excellent way to start my day! Don't you think? ;)





6 comments:

kristen Murphy said...

good story :) whats a rascal?

meganjanellephotography said...

you know the little scooters older elderly people use? yeah, those:)

Anna L. said...

ooooooh....one of thooose. i was picturing on one of those security guard wheelly things.

or wondering if you meant a rascal. like you know mischeivious children.

meganjanellephotography said...

hahaha.i thought people would know what a rascal is but apparently not....ha! too funny.

Johanna said...

Haha, I thought you meant that she had tackled some punk, but then I wasn't sure how she could speed him toward you, so I was then picturing a vespa. Glad to know what it really is!!

Anna L. said...

request: pics of the proposal?!?!?!?!